[reportlab-users] Patch to support tables with oversize cells

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Jun 1 04:55:00 EDT 2022

On 30/05/2022 15:59, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> OK, that seems to have been the only case of me setting attributes on
> T/self.
>
> However, I also added a matrixCopy() function and used it the cases where I
> modify _cellvalues and _cellStyles, to make sure the original table doesn't
> get modified that way.

Hi Lennart,

thanks for v8. I tested and find no problems for splitInrow=0. I see that your examples seem OK as well.

However, I made a slightly more extreme case with two overlapping split rows not starting at the same row. I see that
some splits do work, but there are some glitches.

For your convenience I put the code (extended from before) here

https://www.reportlab.com/ftp/lennart/lennart-example.py

I tested by using the statement
for W in 30 40 50 60; do
     python tmp/lennart-example.py --useData=3 --split=$W --splitInRow=1 --splitByRow=0 --pdfn=tmp/ssir-$W.pdf
done

the results are here

https://www.reportlab.com/ftp/lennart/ssir-30.pdf #no split possible
https://www.reportlab.com/ftp/lennart/ssir-40.pdf #splits but first column is positioned wrongly
https://www.reportlab.com/ftp/lennart/ssir-50.pdf #ditto
https://www.reportlab.com/ftp/lennart/ssir-40.pdf #splits but text is mis-positioned in col5

Not exactly sure what's wrong, but it doesn't look right in these cases.