[reportlab-users] Removal of old Python2-era stuff

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Feb 28 07:31:08 EST 2022

Hi Claude,

applied this and it worked fine for my tests, but on jenkins I was still testing with 3.6 and it turns out that the re
module did not have a Patterns class, but instead it has _sre.SRE_Pattern so I will revert that small change in
validators.py for now.

In practice I think we have stopped building 3.6 wheels at present because I got some weird errors about failures from
the reportlab-mirror build wheels action.