[reportlab-users] Patch to support tables with oversize cells

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Feb 17 06:34:01 EST 2022

On 01/02/2022 16:34, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> OK, I got a small bit wrong in the logic of when to split in each way,
> fixed now, new patch attached.

Hi Lennart, I finally got around to making a small example that illustrates the splitInrow=0 differences.

You can see the patched (with splitInrow=0) and unpatched results here

https://www.reportlab.com/ftp/lennart/

the generating script is lennart-example.py and the two pdfs illustrate behaviour unpatched and patched with
splitInRow=0 as an argument.

I changed the your patch so by default it starts with splitInRow = 0. I don't think we should change behaviour at all
unless it's done explicitly.

To my eye it looks as though the patch has changed the behaviour regarding space around the split table.