[reportlab-users] Blank space being added to beginning of PDF when using TableOfContents

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Aug 18 03:57:00 EDT 2022

Hi Robert,

Sorry this is causing you problems.

Does this occur when you reduce the actual content to say 3 pages? Does the size of extra space vary with the number of
pages?

If a small sample shows the issue then perhaps you could post the code here with content replaced by Lorum Ipsum text.
There are different ways to produce TOC, but if we can see the overall code structure it might be easy to find any problem.

On 18/08/2022 02:22, Rollins, Robert B. wrote:
> I’ve found that attempting to include a TableOfContents with the ~700 page PDF I’ve generating causes a 3/4-page chunk of blank space to get added to the beginning of the cover page, pushing most of the content in it down into a second page. This increases the length of my document by 1 page, and plays absolute havoc with the TableOfContents itself.