[reportlab-users] Miscalculation when using keepWithNext

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Nov 4 06:47:35 EDT 2021

Hi Pierre,

I think you are probably right in your analysis.

1) It's probably a bug to skip things that are zero width and non-zero height, It would be helpful to know what kind of
flowable was involved there.

2) As you say it would be better to overestimate the required height, but best would be to compute correctly, but that
requires us to check for inclusion in a frame and to work out what the extra height requirement is. Actually we can find
out when we have a frame above us and inspect  whether we are at the top of a frame and what if it would do at this
point if we get added.

The overall algorithm is badly designed, but it's probably far too late to adopt a better one.