[reportlab-users] Retrieving Form Values from a ReportLab PDF

Mike Romey mikeromey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:40:11 EDT 2020

Hi Robin,

I determined that the Preview App in OSX was the problem.  To resolve the matter I put a warning on the form to use Acrobat Reader NOT Preview App.  All appears to work now as expected.  I did however have a few more questions regarding forms.  It looks like form validation is possible with PDF’s.  For example I have a date field and I want the user to input a date in a very specific format. Or an email field that I want users to fill out appropriately.  I am wondering if ReportLab form fields have been configured to support JS validations or regex or anything like this.  I am guessing the answer is no,  but thought I might ask here.

Romey

Sent from my iPhone