[reportlab-users] Splitting tables with repeated ROWBACKGROUNDS

Axel P. Kielhorn python-rl at axelkielhorn.de
Sat Mar 21 06:54:38 EDT 2020

Hello!

I have some data that I want to put into a table, but it doesn’t fit into one row.
Therefore I split it into two rows and use ROWBACKGROUNDS to group the rows.

This works great until I have to split the table.
(Well reportlab splits the table for me.)

Sometimes, depending on the start position on the page, a table break will occur inside a double row.
This means the grouping on the following page is wrong.

Is there a way to influence the table break?
(Every second (or nth) row)

An alternative would be to SPAN the first column, hoping the table won’t break a SPAN.
But this means I have to track my data and add a TABLESTYLE for each double row.

Right now I simply throw my data at the table and hope for the best.

Please find included an example of what I’m doing right now.

Greetings
Axel