[reportlab-users] Hyphenation much better now

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Dec 10 06:05:04 EST 2020

Hi Christoph,

yes I see an email to the users list in June, according to my mailer you were cc'd, but perhaps it got lost. The final
fixes for hyphenation were quite hard to test and include the hyphen retention when a para is split after a hyphen

Supercali-
fragilisticex-
                <-- paragraph gets split here
pialidocious

we should never do that, but it would require higher level analysis and with such long words it's probably inevitable.

I think the soft and free hyphenations now agree in behaviour, but you never know ;)

Now after 10 Months of covid 19; I am becoming crazed :)