[reportlab-users] Error in piecharts.py

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Oct 29 05:11:10 EDT 2019

On 29/10/2019 08:48, Eldon Ziegler wrote:
> After installing reportlab via pip with Python 3.6, we get
> Successfully installed reportlab-3.5.31
>
> but
>
> File "/opt/rh/rh-python36/root/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-
> packages/reportlab/graphics/charts/piecharts.py", line 1314, in draw
>    fixLabelOverlaps(L,sideLabels)
> NameError: name 'sideLabels' is not defined
>
> piecharts.py shows
> __version__='3.3.0'
>
> Thank you,
> Eldon Ziegler

Yes I think that's a bug.

I'm not sure I ever tried to do this with a 3d chart. I'm pretty certain we have no special handling for 3d labelling.
What happens if you just use self.sideLabels there? I tried setting up a 3d pie with sideLabels = 1 simplelabels=false
etc etc, but I couldn't seem to get the 3d version lines going.