[reportlab-users] Skip empty bars when drawing

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Nov 13 06:48:42 EST 2019

Hi Dimitri,

looking at your chart it seems as though you would like to drop space when some or all bars in a category are missing.

Clearly if all bars are missing for a category then you can just drop the category; I don't believe we allow categories
to vary in width. So if there are normally four bars in a group you will always get the same four bar width for the
category even if only three bars are present.

Your could reduce wasted space by using a stacking bar chart eg setting the categoryAxis.style = 'stacked'. That way
each category only gets on bar width.

It should be possible to make a category axis behave in the way you want, but we haven't done it yet :(