[reportlab-users] Image within a table - Preserve Aspect Ratio

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sat Feb 23 03:29:09 EST 2019

Currently Image doesn't allow for an automatic preserve aspect ratio. It
has to be done like this

1) obtain the image width and height
2) call

_x,_y, w, h, _scale
=reportlab.lib.boxstuff.aspectRatioFix(1,'sw',x,y,width,height,imWidth,imHeight)

I think the _x/y/scale  van be ignored for your purpose. The adjusted
image width and height should
be used to construct the Image object that's passed to the table.

I agree this is a bit clunky, but getting the width and height sperately
would allow you to specify the table size as well.