[reportlab-users] reportlab-users Digest, Vol 193, Issue 5

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Dec 16 21:20:38 EST 2019

JOURDAIN, Maël wrote:
> When I run this code, trying with Arial and WINGDNG2. I don't get the expected results but white square.

I'm not sure about why the WingDings 2 test didn't work.  It doesn't use
Unicode mapping for its code points; perhaps that's the issue.

However, I think I told you that Arial does not contain the U+2611
character.  It's never going to work.  Check to see if you have the
"Arial Unicode" font, "ArialUni.ttf".  It does contain that symbol, and
when I add a registerFont and set the bulletFontName to that, it does work.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.