[reportlab-users] bullet checkbox

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Dec 13 15:16:58 EST 2019

JOURDAIN, Maël wrote:
> I try to use Arial Font and Wingdings 2.
>
> ttf = TTFont('wingdng', r'C:\Windows\Fonts\WINGDNG2.TTF')
> pdfmetrics.registerFont(ttf)
>
> But with Wingdings 2, the result is a white square.

Right, because Wingdings 2 does not contain that character.  You can see
that with the "charmap" application.  It does contain the "checked
ballot box" glyph, but it's in the slot for the capital letter R.

> How can I get the mark and not the white square ?

There are two ways.  You can use "\u2611" in a font that contains that
glyph, like Arial.  Or, you can use Wingdings 2 and use "R" instead.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.