[reportlab-users] Error using ImageAndFlowables

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed May 16 09:51:49 EDT 2018

On 16/05/2018 12:22, Lele Gaifax wrote:
> Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> writes:
>
>> I just tried this with latest RL and it works for me. If you are just using
>> pip install reportlab then I guess the version that's in python pypi is out
>> of date. You can always try the packages from here
>>
>> https://www.reportlab.com/pypi
>>
>> where we put out the latest micro releases etc etc. You need a login id, but
>> that's all.
>
> Ok, will try that version and report back, thank you.
>
> But, given that this particular app will be deployed with Docker, and that I
> like to avoid hardwiring login credentials in the Dockerfile(s), do you have
> any approximate idea on if/when a new release on PyPI will happen?

Allegedly we are supposed to do a new set of release packages in June. I also have no idea why we require a uid/password on that
fake pypi. Andy Robinson said it was for analytics ie who where info on the downloads, but we don't seem to process that data
often (if at all).

It's pretty easy to pump up new versions to python pypi with twine, but Andy likes to do some kind of publicity etc etc. RLTK is a
bit back burner for him now.