[reportlab-users] Table cell (SPAN) across pagebreak

Kyle Dunaway kyle.r.dunaway at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 19:32:05 EST 2018

I have attached a simple example that should explain my larger problem.
I am creating a table, and as I am creating the table I am reducing
redundancy in the table columns (if the cell above has the same word, leave
cell empty)

If one table cell is larger than a whole page, ReportLab fails to generate
the PDF.

On line 28, adjust the span length and you will see what I am talking about.

I have spend some time looking around and this problem seems to have not
been fixed for a long time.

The workarounds I found seem pretty ugly (making the PDF 1 page, but then
printing is out of the question)

Anyone have any idea on a fix?

Thanks for reading.