[reportlab-users] tag <font> in Platipus worked, but <font> Not Supported in HTML5 and deprecated.

Maxim Danilov info at twinboards.at
Mon Jul 30 11:10:39 EDT 2018

Hello.
I worked with report lab already 3 years. This is perfect.

Sometimes I use for Letter-color or Letter-size changes HTML tag font>.
For example:

text = “This is the font color="red">RED/font> color."
I send this in Paragraph (text), para_style. color=“black”. After that I have red word “RED”.

it worked perfectly, but for future <font> don’t should be used:
The <font> tag is not supported in HTML5.

That's why I wrote this like a bug in bitbucket.org/rptlab/.
The answer from bitbucket at reportlab.com “This is not a bug”.
of course!!! I know it!

But I like Reportlab and I want to help make it more modern! but RL-developers think another.

I know, I can change everything, and I can override it.
Probably somebody knows, How I can make RED without <font> and without canvas.drawtext???

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
DI Mag. Maxim Danilov

+43(681)207 447 76
info at twinboards.at