[reportlab-users] Adding annotations to a pdf

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Dec 11 07:23:38 EST 2018

I now tested the file that works in ubuntu evince 3.18.2 and get this error with arch evince 3.30.2

> $ evince final.pdf
> ! SyncTeX Error : No file?
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
>   what():  basic_string::_M_construct null not valid
> Aborted

this seems to be a bug in evince since we have nothing to do with TeX; this bug report seems related

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/issues/983

I tried downgrading, but arch evince 3.28.2 still breaks. On ubuntu 18.04 evince 3.28.4 works. I tried downgrading arch evince
even further, but the I start getting problems with the gnome libraries.