[reportlab-users] problem printing page generated by reportlab

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Sep 20 13:39:02 EDT 2017

Nilesh Ruikar wrote:

> I am facing a problem when I try to print a PDF
> - PDF has page size of 14.99x8.50 inches
> - The wherever the vertical and horizontal lines are intersect, the
> print gets where lines overshoot at intersection.
>
> PDF is attached for reference.

I can't quite tell what you're saying.  The PDF looks perfectly fine,
except that you are using the wrong end caps for your lines, which
produces a "notch" in the two end junctions:

That happens because the actual line endpoint is an infinitely small
point, so you end up with this, where the O marks the actual endpoint:

       xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  xxxxxOxxxxx
  x    x    x
  x    x    x
  x    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  x         x
  x         x

You should read about setLineJoin and setLineCap to solve that problem.
You should post the code you're using to get the most help from us.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.