[reportlab-users] Controlling exact position of xValueAxis for LinePlot

Luke Murphy lukewm at riseup.net
Sun Oct 1 14:41:31 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

I'm using ReportLab to draw a time series line plot. I'm trying to put
this plot into a flip book[1], where each (besides the last), will
represent the graph, with some incomplete set of values, and each page
after will continue to draw the graph, as the X axis extends.

However, I am having trouble finding out how to control the position of
the X axis labels. If I have a plot with 2 values, the X axis is always
present at the rightmost position - meaning, it always fills the entire
length of the plot. How do I control the X axis to only draw some part
of the righ-to-left length of the plot.

I hope it makes sense.

My code so far is at:

    https://github.com/lwm/carbonflipbook/blob/master/flipbook.py

Where installations to run the code is found at:

    https://github.com/lwm/carbonflipbook#hack-it

Hope to hear from someone. Any pointers are much appreciated!

Best,

Luke

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip_book