[reportlab-users] Python 3.6.0 & reportlab

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Jan 3 04:35:36 EST 2017

Hi Glenn,

for what it's worth I find that I can download and start to install reportlab
with python 3.6 windows x64 frm https://www.reportlab.com/pypi, but the install
fails because there are no pre-built pillow wheels as yet. My compile failed
with a libjpeg missing error. So as of now your issue remains unsolved.

I just wonder if you have an obscure username/password which could blow this code up

# check HTTP auth credentials
auth = request.META.get('HTTP_AUTHORIZATION','').split()
if len(auth)==2 and auth[0]:
     # only basic auth is supported
     if auth[0].lower() == "basic":
     u, p = auth[1].decode('base64').split(':')
     user = authenticate(username=u, password=p)

I guess the split is the most likely to be the culprit so ':' is bad in
passwords usernames etc etc.