[reportlab-users] Failing to import a JPEG

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed May 18 15:26:35 EDT 2016

On 18 May 2016 at 18:53, Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> Gosh, that works! Thank you!! That will do for now...

This predates you working with us back in 2003 ;-)  I am guessing
there is a problem with PIL or PILLOW in the miniconda environment,
but dare not get sidetracked - only about six projects needing urgent
attention tonight ;-)

Personally I have no difficulty setting up lightweight environments
with virtualenv and pip, but we have had lots of trouble on MacOS
trying to install and compile various numeric/scientific packages.
Fortunately we don't need them at work.  If miniconda does the job
seamlessly and avoids expensive subscriptions, I'll remember it next
time.  Thanks.

- Andy