[reportlab-users] heads up on table change

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Fri Mar 18 13:15:46 EDT 2016

On 3/18/2016 9:25 AM, Robin Becker wrote:
> In version 3.3.2,
>
> https://bitbucket.org/rptlab/reportlab/commits
> /967759f7f778f1c03c6a8e1e248a525a9072a003
>
> a bug fix found by Vytis Banaitis (vytis @ bitbucket) removes double
> padding in Table._calcPreliminaryWidths which can have effects on
> table column sizes.
>
> I looked at differences in all the reportlab test cases and there were
> only a few. Personally I preferred the earlier outcomes, but using the
> padding twice is clearly wrong.
>
> If you want to restore the earlier outcome then shout loudly here and
> I will add some settings mechanism to accomplish that.

Would it not be simple, for folks that want the earlier outcomes, to
double their padding width?  Or would that have an effect on the outer
padding of the outer columns that is different from before? In other
words, you didn't really describe the effect of the bug completely, but
the code you linked to makes it look like simply doubling the padding
would recreate the original effect.