[reportlab-users] Change PDF Version that reportlab generates

Volker Haas volker.haas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:10:37 EST 2016

Hi Robin,
thanks for your quick answer.

To be honest I believe(!) I need no special PDF 1.6 feature, the PDF just
needs to pass some conformance test that checks for version 1.6+.
I could probably satisfy that easily by using some external converter but
I'd like to avoid that.

Are the PDF version downwards compatible, 1.4 being a "subset" of 1.6? I'll
try to clarify if there are any specific 1.6 requirements I need.

Cheers,
Volker