[reportlab-users] Is there a way to prevent table split between particular rows?

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Fri Feb 19 18:19:03 EST 2016

Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> writes:

> The docs need to be extended mea cupla :(

Don't worry, I know what it means to keep that in sync!

> The rowSplitRange is intended to prevent splitting near the top of the
> table or to near to the end. There is only one allowed range = lo,hi
> and splitting is only allowed if the lo<=splitpoint <=hi. I suppose
> this could be extended to a more general list of allowed split ranges,
> but that's not available right now.
>
> If that's required I would have to do some extra thinking.

Well, the project I'm developing is not that important: should the customer
raise her eyebrows, I will try to rearrange the printout using multiple
tables, one for each group, wrapping each table within a KeepTogether element.

Anyway, for my need, it would maybe be more natural to express the constraint
within the TableStyle, something like

  ('KEEPTOGETHER', (0, 2), (-1, 3)),

to mean that preferably a split should not happen between row 2 and 3. That
could cover even the split-by-column case.

What do you think?

Thank you,
ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.