[reportlab-users] Pass legend labels into LinePlot

Bill Marcum bill.marcum at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 18:38:18 EDT 2016

Any help here?  More details:

I'm modeling my code after one of the LinePlot examples.  In that example,
in the __init__ method, the code does something similar to this:

       sNames = ['Fund1','Fund2','Fund3','Fund4']
        colorsList = [ lightgrey, grey, darkgrey, lightblue ]
        for i in range(len(sNames)):
            self.chart.lines[i].name=sNames[i]
            self.chart.lines[i].strokeColor=colorsList[i]
            self.legend.colorNamePairs.append( (colorsList[i], sNames[i]))

And this works great, the chart renders with a Legend for those four Funds,
appropriately color coded.  BUT, this isn't useful to me, I need to pass in
the labels dynamically, the same way I do the line data in the 'chart.data'
param.    I can't find a parameter to use that would support this, and the
param data isn't available during the __init__ method anyway (not sure when
that gets set, or how to access it).