[reportlab-users] Custom page lengths

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Tue Apr 12 19:40:24 EDT 2016

On 4/12/2016 9:55 AM, Peter Cock via reportlab-users wrote:
> Essentially I just set the page size based on the data - knowing how the
> graph would be constructed and therefore how much space I needed.
> However, I was using drawing primitives etc so this may not make sense
> in your context Glenn?

I'm (presently) using flowables... and don't know the overall length of
the page before I start, it partly depends on the actual textual content.

One thought I had was to generate the document once, "somehow" gather
statistics from the Page Breaks about the length of the page content,
and then generate it again, knowing the needed page sizes.