[reportlab-users] Custom page lengths

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Apr 12 12:40:26 EDT 2016

Glenn Linderman wrote:

> Nearly every device has some sort of PDF viewer; multiple screen size
> abound.
>
> Already coded: formatting the data to different widths so that it is
> easier to read on various devices from cell phone to tablets, with
> reasonable font sizes and not needed to scroll sideways.

I need to point out that this is completely contrary to the stated
purposes of PDF.  A PDF document is supposed to be the same everywhere.
It is not supposed to depend on the viewing device.  That's exactly what
the "P" is for.  What happens when  your phone users try to route their
document to a printer?  Are they going to get 10 words per page?

I can't help but think that you should be using HTML for this, not PDF.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.