[reportlab-users] Built-in versus embedded fonts

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Thu Jun 25 15:47:51 EDT 2015

On 6/25/2015 2:36 AM, Robin Becker wrote:
> ReportLab effectively ignores the internal names for ttf fonts.

OK, this is good to know, but is not documented. So I can use shorter
names, and don't even have to match the font names in the file, with or
without hyphens.

> The token name is everything.

And so my problem was inconsistent naming... using hyphens one place and
spaces another, due to cut-n-paste programming for the font registration
from (apparently) poor examples.

I had worked out that I needed to be consistent... but what was unclear
is that there was nothing else that I needed to be consistent _with_.