[reportlab-users] Font Helvetica always used?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Jun 18 02:14:00 EDT 2015

On 17 June 2015 at 22:55, Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
> So what is the real restriction?  This has to be done before what?  Before
> first canvas instantiation, or before other imports, or before what,
> specifically?

Before canvas instantiation.

The problem is that there is a "graphics state" vector we keep track
of, and it has to have a default font.

Being brutal, I believe the printer that rejected the font is in error
here, but if printers are going to do this, we should think about some
way to remove fonts not actually used.  We'd have to make it an error
to call drawString(...) before you have explicitly set a font, or
allow a default font to be passed to canvas creation.

- Andy