[reportlab-users] Center align emoji's png images inside Paragraph

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Jul 15 11:36:24 EDT 2015

On 15/07/2015 14:12, Kaviraj Kanagaraj wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> Thanks a lot for time. I have checked out your code. Here I attach the
> customized code about my exact scenario. I have attached the output pdf
> also. I have included both the "working paragraph" and "problematic
> paragraph" examples.
>
> Help me figuring out what is wrong. Thanks a lot again
>
> P.S: I dont know how to replay to your mail in reportlab group itself.

your email seemed to reach the reportlab-users at reprotlab.com group fine.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is.  There are 4 pages with centred
paragraphs drawn on them. Which is problematic and why?

I can only imagine that the last page which shows the text + images not centred
horizontally is the problem. I think that's because the last 'word' which
consists of nothing, but images is getting wrapped and the remnant first line
doesn't get centred properly. If that is your problem then I think this is a bug
in the break lines code. It seems we are assuming each img is a word and must be
followed by a space.

I'll see if there's an obvious fix.