[reportlab-users] Set paragraph style small-cups

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Jul 14 06:01:06 EDT 2015

On 13/07/2015 22:26, Dani wrote:
> Ok, thanks.
> I'll make manually.
>
> Dani
>
> On 13/07/15 16:32, Andy Robinson wrote:
>> There is no property 'fontStyle' in our library.   So I guess we are
>> ignoring extra keyword arguments.  As far as I know we do not support
>> small caps - there is no such feature in PDF - so you'd have to
>> transform the text yourself into capitals and switch to a smaller
>> font.

If small caps is a synonym for uppercase + reduced font size this could be done
fairly easily assuming english typography leads to fontSize --> 1.1*height(x)
for small-caps and fontSize-->height(x) for petite-caps. I'm failry sure we
don't currently support changing the fontStyle in a paragraph though. The
textTransform style attribute is applied only at the beginning of the paragraph
processing.