[reportlab-users] referencing page numbers

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Feb 17 12:48:09 EST 2015

On 17/02/2015 16:52, Josh Stratton wrote:
> I was wondering if there was a feature in reportlab that let me cross
> reference pages by an anchor or something similar to latex's pageRef.  In
> latex I could add a label to some page and on another page I could write "
> go to \pageRef{some label}" and that would render as "go to page 27".  Is
> such a thing possible in reportlab?

we do have indexing and cross referencing; it can be fairly challenging to set
up. If you download the source version you can check in the tests folder for
examples cf

test_platypus_index.py
test_platypus_toc.py
test_platypus_xref.py

for various complicated cases. test_platypus_paragraphs.py contains usage of the
<a> tag.