[reportlab-users] Handling Ragged Lines in reportlab

Kaviraj Kanagaraj kaviraj at launchyard.com
Thu Aug 13 08:34:37 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am using reportlab to generate pdf with text and images. I am facing
problem when using Paragraph in reportlab. Im using center alignment. But I
see some paragraph have one or two words at the last line of the paragraph
which is not pleasing visually. I have explored about the problem and found
that I need to handle ragged lines. There is an option called "Balance
ragged line" in InDesign. What is the appropriate option to be used in
reportlab? Help me in figuring it out.

P.S: I have raised an issue on reportlab repo and also posted a question in
google groups but sadly no response.
https://bitbucket.org/rptlab/reportlab/issues/64/handling-ragged-lines-in-reportlab

Thanks in advance.