[reportlab-users] Incorrect character composition

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Apr 21 03:45:47 EDT 2015

Thanks..  It matters a lot as Acrobat is a whole family of tools, but
it does mean that we can repeat the process here in the office (e.g.
with "hello world") and see how simple a file it creates and what
structures are in it.  Traditionally the simplest way was to write a
"Hello World" postscript program and run it through Distiller.

I don't have time to get involved in this for a couple more weeks, but
when things quiet down at work (admittedly I have been saying that for
about ten years now!) I need to get back to some of the things we did
in ReportLab's early days, along those lines; and also see if any of
the other open source PDF generators "get it right" so we can see how.

- Andy