[reportlab-users] apple fonts

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Sep 29 09:00:22 EDT 2014

I didn't know about this font - a great idea to have a visual feedback
for missing glyphs.    I was amused to find this in the license....

THE FONT SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR
FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC
CONTROL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE
FAILURE OF THE FONT SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR
SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.

The moral is clear:  if you are sending out nuclear reactor warnings
in dynamic PDF generated with ReportLab, always embed the correct
fonts in the document!