[reportlab-users] Performance Issue generating multiple QR codes

Anders Hammarquist iko at openend.se
Thu Sep 18 03:12:30 EDT 2014

In a message of Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:18:53 +0200, Thomas Kremmel writes:
>ah yes - and the bottleneck was not the qr code data generation, but
>reportlab printing the qr code. it seems as it is quite a challenge for
>reportlab to render the qr code when using QrCodeWidget. But rending .pngs
>is super fast! Thus I would recommend rendering QR code images.

Which version of reportlab are you using? I contributed some significant
preformance improvements to the qrcode generation, but I'm not sure if
they've made it to a released version yet. If you have the improved
version, you will have a QrCode flowable in addition to the QrCodeWidget,
which is sligtly faster.

/Anders