[reportlab-users] Problem with MacOS X install

Adrian Klaver adrian.klaver at aklaver.com
Mon Jun 2 18:25:45 EDT 2014

On 06/02/2014 02:53 PM, William Herschel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm encountering an error installing reportlab. I'm on MacOS 10.9.3 using Continuum Analytica Anaconda distribution.
>
> Using the command:
> easy_install reportlab
>
> Ends with the attached output.
>
> Can anyone help me with a solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
>

>    File "/Users/t/anaconda/lib/python2.7/_osx_support.py", line 185, in _find_appropriate_compiler
>      if 'llvm-gcc' in data:
> TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Looks like it cannot find a compiler.

 From a quick look at the Anaconda docs it really wants you to use its
prebuilt packages. As it happens ReportLab is one of those packages,
though it is not installed by default:

http://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/pkg-docs.html

Looks like the way to go is to use the conda package manager. A blog
that explains how is here:

http://www.continuum.io/blog/conda

--
Adrian Klaver