[reportlab-users] load Image() from embedded python

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Jan 29 02:47:40 EST 2014

I think that everywhere we accept a filename, we also accept a
file-like object. So you could store it as some kind of escaped
binary string in your source code, then wrap it in a StringIO and pass
that to the platypus Image.

I'm not in a programming environment now but if this is not clear we
can post a code snippet later in the day...

- Andy

On 29 January 2014 00:50, Michael Hipp <michael at redmule.com> wrote:

> In the reportlab.platypus Image flowable, is it possible to load the image

> from an image embedded as binary in the python code? The only api for Image

> seems to depend on a filename.

> I'd prefer not to have to lug around things like logos and icons with my

> program.

> Thanks,

> Michael

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420