[reportlab-users] reportlab and listflowable

PB boxbolky at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 08:15:10 EST 2014

W dniu 20.01.2014 12:48, Robin Becker pisze:

> On 19/01/2014 18:11, PB wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I'm new here. My case is that i don't want the 5) item. The same problem

>> is in example: www.reportlab.com/docs/reportlab-userguide.pdf‎ page 86.

>> Can i fix it? Any idea where i should do that?

>> BR

> sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking. Please try again if

> necessary you can use ascii to indicate what you want eg

> items

> 1) aaaa

> 2) bbbb

> 4) dddd

> etc etc if you are having trouble describing exactly what you need to

> ask.

Thank you for your answer. This is my development of the topic.

The example code:

|from reportlab.platypus import ListFlowable, ListItem||

||from reportlab.lib.styles import getSampleStyleSheet||

||styles = getSampleStyleSheet()||

||style = styles["Normal"]||

t = ListFlowable(||

|| [||

|| Paragraph("Item no.1", style),||

|| ListItem(Paragraph("Item no. 2",

style),bulletColor="green",value=7),||

|| ListFlowable(||||

[||

|| Paragraph("sublist item 1", style),||

|| ListItem(Paragraph('sublist item 2',

style),bulletColor='red',value='square')||

|| ],||

|| bulletType='bullet',||

|| start='square',||

|| ),||

|| Paragraph("Item no.4", style),||

|| ],||

|| bulletType='i'||

|| )

|This is output:|

i Item no.1
vii Item no. 2
viii ■ sublist item 1
■ sublist item 2
ix Item no.4

But the proper output is this in my opinion:

i Item no.1
vii Item no. 2
■ sublist item 1
■ sublist item 2
viii Item no.4

So the item (|ListFlowable with sublist|) can not be numbered.

Thanks in advance!