[reportlab-users] Python 3.x progress

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Jan 10 08:14:47 EST 2014

On 09/01/2014 17:52, Peter Cock wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:

>> I have checked in some changes to _rl_accel.c that fix a seg fault. This was

>> only happening when _rl_accel wanted to throw an error. I see no errors now

>> with the renderPS self test under python2, but some remain with renderPM

>> under 2.7. Both appear to work under 3.3. It is a simple encoding issue in

>> renderPM, but it may be in the C code.

> Looks like I have a different error here with Apple's Python 2.7,

> testing with commit 5211314b7317 on the py33 branch:

_add_TB was the function that I fixed in _rl_accel.c. After fixing stuff in
_renderPM.c and various other scripts I can now run all the tests again
(including all the renderXXX.py tests). Your gist does run, but I have no way to
know if the output is correct. Currently I have an issue with GIF output and
python 3.3. However, I am using different sources for PIL there (pillow 2.3.0)
rather than PIL 1.7 for python 2.7. I will have to see if this is my bug or not.