[reportlab-users] Python 3.x progress

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jan 9 08:34:56 EST 2014

Peter,

I'm a bit confused here about which version of python you're using. The error in
your previous email

> $ python3

> Python 3.3.0 (default, Sep 29 2012, 19:41:44)

> [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 4.0 ((tags/Apple/clang-421.0.60))] on darwin

> Segmentation fault: 11

is certainly very odd. This should only involve python and python scripts;
according to Andy he's run builds on the mac with some success with both 2.7 and 3.3

> The second problem is curious - a TypeError under Python 3.3

> (self compiled) but a segmentation fault in _rl_accel.so under

> Python 2.7 (provided by Apple):

> $ python3 test_GraphicsChromosome.py

> test_add_count (__main__.ChromosomeCountTest)

can you abstract the problem to something simple that I can test elsewhere? Andy
& Ricardo both have macs that could be used. The _rl_accel.c code was changed
significantly to make things work with both 3.3 & 2.7 so I would like to get at
any seg faults in there asap.