[reportlab-users] Python 3.x progress

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Jan 8 06:07:00 EST 2014

Dinu, thanks for this. It's probably "too late" since the code is now
working 100% on both Python 2.7 and Python 3.3

I should have announced this at the weekend, but we have also removed
the temporary dependency on pyRXP which we introduced during the port.
All pararaphs are now parsed by html.parser.HTMLParser in the
standard library, with xmllib gone forever.

This week and next are rather crazy with year-end reporting projects
for clients, but in the second half of the month we will switch this
to default somehow, create the 'whant's new' page, create alpha
releases and start updating the docs. For now, if anyone wants to
pull and update to the py33 branch, we would welcome feedback.

- Andy

On 8 January 2014 10:06, Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Andy Robinson:

>> Robin Becker has been making great progress lately. The py33 branch

>> on BitBucket is now able to generate its own manual, with all the C

>> extensions compiled.

> Happy New Year, folks!

> Not sure if this is too late or known here already, but Martijn Faassen recently mentioned on a different list a site which I didn't know before and which looks like a really useful thing for writing code running on Python 2 and 3.

> http://python-future.org

> Regards,

> Dinu

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420