[reportlab-users] load Image() from embedded python

Michael Hipp michael at redmule.com
Sat Feb 8 12:54:32 EST 2014

As noted in my previous reply I was able to make this work great with the
flowable Image().

Now I'm doing something like this, and getting the exception below. Any
suggestions?

canvas.drawImage(StringIO('embedded stuff'), ...)

I would be really helpful to be able to embed these things.

I'm using reportlab 3.0a1 BTW.

Thanks,
Michael

File
"c:\dev\virtenvs\oldworldblack\lib\site-packages\reportlab\pdfgen\canvas.py",
line 920, in drawImage
imgObj = pdfdoc.PDFImageXObject(name, image, mask=mask)
File
"c:\dev\virtenvs\oldworldblack\lib\site-packages\reportlab\pdfbase\pdfdoc.py",
line 2086, in __init__
ext = os.path.splitext(source)[1].lower()
File "c:\dev\virtenvs\oldworldblack\lib\ntpath.py", line 190, in splitext
return genericpath._splitext(p, sep, altsep, extsep)
File "c:\dev\virtenvs\oldworldblack\lib\genericpath.py", line 91, in _splitext
sepIndex = p.rfind(sep)
AttributeError: StringIO instance has no attribute 'rfind'