[reportlab-users] Problems generating PDFs with drawText()

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sun Dec 14 16:52:05 EST 2014

I can see this on my machine too.  Since all of our numerous test
documents "look normal", I can only presume we have changed the way we
use textobjects and not documented the new way clearly enough.   I
cannot investigate properly tonight but we'll look at this in the
morning and get back to you tomorrow.

- Andy

On 14 December 2014 at 21:15, Marius Flage <marius at flage.org> wrote:
> I'm talking about Reportlab. For several versions Table() didn't work,
> and when I then upgraded to Ubuntu Trusty 14.04.1, then the Table() was
> working again, but drawText() wasn't. Downgrading to 2.7 solved both
> problems.
>
> - Marius
>
> Den 14.12.2014 22:14, skrev Andy Robinson:
>> Marius, are you talking about ReportLab 2.7/3.x, or Python 2.7/3.x?
>>
>> Either way if there is a bug here we will look into it tomorrow morning.
>>
>> - Andy Robinson
>>
>> On 14 December 2014 at 21:08, Marius Flage <marius at flage.org> wrote:
>>> Your answer did at least lead me to downgrade to 2.7 and then both
>>> approaches worked - both Table() and drawText().
>>>
>>> Thanks, I guess :)
>>>
>>> - Marius

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420