[reportlab-users] path error

Adrian Klaver adrian.klaver at aklaver.com
Mon Aug 11 09:25:17 EDT 2014

On 08/11/2014 03:27 AM, Jose M.Allegue wrote:
> I  know this a Python FAQ
>
> I have been learnig python for the last four months. It is not to much,
> anyway I will try to solve the problem in google.

I should have been more explicit in my reasoning in my first post. The
reasons I suspect a naming issue, are the following from the traceback
message:

1) AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__'
Python is finding a module, just one without '__path__'

2) ImportError: No module named 'reportlab.pdfgen'; 'reportlab' is not a
package
Again 'reportlab' is being found, it is just not a package so you cannot
get at pdfgen.

For comparison if you try to import a non-existent module you get:

 >>> import nothing
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named nothing