[reportlab-users] ReportLab 3.1.8 released - open source and commercial versions

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Apr 22 12:52:56 EDT 2014

We are delighted to announce the release of the latest editions of our
commercial and open source packages.

As those on this list will know, in February we released the open
source ReportLab 3.0 package, but our commercial package was still in
testing. After an extensive test cycle we are now jointly releasing
the commercial ("rlextra") and open source ("reportlab") packages.
It took several iterations through the build process, so we are
currently on version 3.1.8.

Key changes:
- support for emoji i.e. characters outside the basic multilingual plane
- everything runs under Python 2.7, 3.3 and 3.4.
- follows modern Python standards, including one-line installation
using pip or easy_install.
- a functioning rml2pdf command to let you try converting files immediately.
- a private pypi repository integrated with our web site - use your
web site login to download commercial packages.
- a freely available repository of example files and solutions for RML.

Existing RML users should find that there is no functional change over
the previous version 2.7. We are committed to supporting Python 2.7
for many more years - it’s what we work on ourselves.

We hope that many more Python developers will give ReportLab PLUS a
try, as we believe it is a far faster way to develop PDF solutions.
If you register on our site, you can install a fully functional trial
version with one pip command. Details here...

https://www.reportlab.com/reportlabplus/installation/

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson