[reportlab-users] Line-wrapping in tables

Henning von Bargen H.vonBargen at t-p.com
Tue Apr 8 12:21:20 EDT 2014

As Dinu pointed out, Wordaxe would do exactly what you need (and can do
a little more).

Unfortunately, until now I didn't find enough spare time and motivation
to port it to RL 3.0.

Porting it to 3.0 turns out to be more complicated than I thought.

The basic idea for porting it would be:

Wordaxe is more or less kind of a monkey-patch for ReportLab 2.6
Paragraph (and ParaParser).
ReportLab 3.0 is a successor of ReportLab 2.6.
So, one has to check every single COMMIT in the RL repository from 2.6
to 3.0 and see if and how it
is related with Paragraph, and if and how to merge this into Wordaxe.
This would be tedious work.

OTOH one could take RL 3.0 Paragraph as a base and start from scratch.
Tedious work as well, but I'd prefer this, if it could be made a
one-time task
by directly integrating Wordaxe into RL
(e.g. I'd donate the code to the ReportLab open source project, we'd
cooperate to make it work with 3.0, and from then on RL takes care for
the maintenance and I'm out).

Henning