[reportlab-users] Line-wrapping in tables

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Apr 8 05:07:56 EDT 2014

Hi Steve,

there is some support in recent reportlab for arbitrary splitting. Looking at
the code it seems this is presently only happening if the style has
splitLongWords set. Have you tried that?

Currently the functions that implement this splitting are only invoked when the
current word length is greater than the maximum of the current and next
linelengths ie this is last resrt stuff rather than a hyphenation approach.

That said, you can always implement your own splitting by inserting '</br>' into
the paragraph text at points of your choosing.