[reportlab-users] Order in which we import reportLab specific library make sense?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Sep 5 02:57:06 EDT 2013

There is nothing wrong with this (and the order does not matter at
all). My question is, what kind of error do you see?

Is your "tool" something console based, a web application, or a
graphical user interface? Do you see a printed error message coming
from Python? If it's a GUI program and just "dies" with no
information, then there is something wrong with its Python
environment. I suspect this is not a ReportLab question at all but if
you can post more info someone will probably help....

On 5 September 2013 06:25, Purushotham Patil <purush_uttam at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,

> import os,sys,math,glob

> from reportlab.lib import utils

> from reportlab.pdfgen.canvas import Canvas

> from reportlab.lib.styles import getSampleStyleSheet

> from reportlab.lib.units import inch

> from reportlab.lib import colors

> from reportlab.platypus import Paragraph, Frame, Spacer, Image, Table,

> TableStyle, BaseDocTemplate,SimpleDocTemplate,PageBreak

> from reportlab.lib.styles import ParagraphStyle

> from reportlab.lib.enums import TA_JUSTIFY,TA_LEFT,TA_CENTER,TA_RIGHT

> from reportlab.rl_config import defaultPageSize

> from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import A4

> I am using the above order.

> Is it proper?

> your response will be helpful for me since i am rough and dirty programmer.

> regards,

> Purushotham

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420