[reportlab-users] Status of clipping paths?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sat Oct 26 06:33:37 EDT 2013

Hi Dinu,

Honestly, I have no idea. You'll have to try it and see if it works.

What little resources we have for "core" development are going 100%
into the Python 3.3-compatible version at the moment and we are a long
way from worrying about the rendering and graphics primitives right
now. I'll post separately on that in a little while, but the good
part is that, once we get most of the test suite running, we will be
able to consider changes/improvements to fundamentals like this for
the first time in about 13 years...

- Andy

On 25 October 2013 21:35, Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to use clipping paths and found the following posting in the archives about doing that using something like a hack (?) named "EmptyClipPath". I wonder if anything has changed since then, but couldn't find any evidence.

> http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2002-September/000458.html

> So, is it possible to clip one path (reportlab.graphics.shapes.Path) with another and save the output as a drawing in PM/SVG/PDF?

> Thanks,

> Dinu

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420